I had rhinoplasty done nov 1st. When does the bruising and swelling go away completely?

Hi I had rhinoplasty done nov 1st. I still have little bit of bruising under my eyes. When does the bruising and swelling go away completely?

Rhinoplasty Recovery

Thanks for your question. Given the timing of your rhinoplasty, having a little bit of residual bruising is not concerning. Some people bruise more easily than others and patients take different amounts of time for bruising to completely resolve. If your bruises are bothering you, there are a couple of things that I recommend my patients do to eliminate them as quickly as possible. I suggest that my patients take a combined Arnika/Bromellane capsule that helps speed up the life cycle of a bruise and reduces swelling. I also ask them to make sure that they are getting plenty of rest, which is one of the best things that you can do for your healing nose. External swelling improves a lot over the first couple of months after a rhinoplasty, however internal swelling can take up to a year (or more) to go away completely. It's important to be patient and let your body take it's time to heal. In the meantime, you can always schedule a follow up visit with your surgeon so that they can see your nose in person and address your concerns.

Recovering from rhinoplasty and swelling

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down to see your result. 

In the first 6-8 weeks the majority of swelling will go down. Over the next 6-9 months you'll experience a downward trending rollercoaster of swelling going up and down depending on your exposure to heat, sun, or salt. At one year, you're close to your final result; however, the nose is known to continue healing and refining by very small amounts for years after that. 

The swelling commonly goes down in an uneven way. First one side and then the other goes down, which may give the appearance of a crooked nose until the other side catches up. The tip is the last area to settle down. It's important to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon can track your progress toward a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

10 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only ten days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Postoperative recovery after septorhinoplasty / nose surgery

Usually I will tell patients that the swelling is most significant in the first month then more gradually diminish over a year.. best of luck

Rhinoplasty

Usually the bruising will go away in one to two weeks. The swelling may last a year or longer. Best of luck.