It's been 2 weeks since 9 of my upper teeth were bonded due to receding gums. I have been in pain since. What can I do?

This is a throbbing pain, in addition to hot and cold sensitivity. Will this clear up on its own? I also read on this forum that the light used to harden the bonding can cause damage to the pulp, requiring root canal. Is that true? Should i go back to this dentist for this problem or should i seek another dentist's opinion? Thank you.

Pain and sensitivity after bonding #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain and sensitivity having having bonding done. It's very unlikely that the curing light has damaged your nerves. I suspect that there is something else go on that that is causing the nerves in these teeth to be inflamed.  I would recommend returning to your dentist for a complete evaluation. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Sensitivity after bonding

Hi there.  I am sorry to hear you are having sensitivity after the work you had done.  I suggest you go back to your dentist and explain your pain and all of your concerns with him/her.  If at that point you do not wish to continue treatment with your dentist, do some research and find a dentist that you feel is good, and get a second opinion.

It is very unlikely that the curing light (the light used to harden the material) has damaged your nerve making it so that you need a root canal.  There is definitely and underlying issue.

Desiree Yazdan, DDS
Newport Beach Dentist

Pain since bonding

I suggest you schedule an appointment with the dentist that did the bonding. He/she will want to know that you are having a problem. It is not common to hear that a curing light caused a tooth to need a root canal. I suspect there is something else happening that is causing the nerve in these teeth to be inflamed.