It's been 2 weeks since 9 of my upper teeth were bonded due to receding gums. I have been in pain since. What can I do?

This is a throbbing pain, in addition to hot and cold sensitivity. Will this clear up on its own? I also read on this forum that the light used to harden the bonding can cause damage to the pulp, requiring root canal. Is that true? Should i go back to this dentist for this problem or should i seek another dentist's opinion? Thank you.

Pain and sensitivity after bonding #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain and sensitivity having having bonding done. It's very unlikely that the curing light has damaged your nerves. I suspect that there is something else go on that that is causing the nerves in these teeth to be inflamed.  I would recommend returning to your dentist for a complete evaluation. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Saint Louis Dentist

Sensitivity after bonding

Hi there.  I am sorry to hear you are having sensitivity after the work you had done.  I suggest you go back to your dentist and explain your pain and all of your concerns with him/her.  If at that point you do not wish to continue treatment with your dentist, do some research and find a dentist that you feel is good, and get a second opinion.

It is very unlikely that the curing light (the light used to harden the material) has damaged your nerve making it so that you need a root canal.  There is definitely and underlying issue.

Desiree Yazdan, DDS
Newport Beach Dentist

Pain since bonding

I suggest you schedule an appointment with the dentist that did the bonding. He/she will want to know that you are having a problem. It is not common to hear that a curing light caused a tooth to need a root canal. I suspect there is something else happening that is causing the nerve in these teeth to be inflamed.