Are there any doctors in New York City experienced with silicone removal from a persons cheeks? (photo)

I had medical grade silicone droplets injected in my cheek a few years ago. now I am getting swelling and lumps around the area and it's becoming an unsightly, chronic problem for me. Are there any board certified physicians in new York city that have experience dealing with this problem surgically or otherwise? For my photos I chose the worst possible lighting to best show what I am dealing with. It's not easy for me to do this but I am desperate. Can anyone help?

Removal of silicone from the cheeks

Our office specializes in the removal and reconstruction of soft tissue related to the injection of liquid silicone. We have removed silicone from the face and body with outstanding success.  This allows patients to resume their normal lives without the interference of the silicone inflammation.  During your consultation, a careful examination of the soft tissue is required to determine whether the removal is safe.  Not all patients are candidates for surgical removal.

Cheek silicone can be removed with surgical excision.  

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Dilute triamcinolone acetonide injections may help reduce the appearance of bumps after silicone injections.

A single internet photo rarely tells the whole story, but you appear to have some raised areas on your right cheek, likely from overcorrection. Depending on your examination, this may be improved with dilute steroid injections, or light electrosurgery.

Hope this helps, and I wish you well.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Injections and Complications

I suggest seeking the advice of an expert in silicone injections.  There are very few in the country.  There are a few in LA and two in NY.  I wish you the best, Dr. Emer.