Should my stomach still hurt after TT and lipo four months ago?

Get examined by your surgeon

Any pain that you’re experiencing 4 months after your procedure should be examined by your surgeon. It could just be nerve regeneration, overly tight skin, or other factor that may not be a complication, however you should still see your surgeon to make sure.

Discomfort After Surgery: What's Normal vs. What's Not

Thank you for your question. It is very normal to have some nerve regeneration pain for months following a liposuction + tummy tuck procedure. However, I strongly recommend that you schedule an in-person examination with your plastic surgeon to ensure that everything is healing correctly, and that this is not the start of a hernia or some other more serious problem. Best of luck

Surgical pain

I'm sorry you are experiencing discomfort following your surgery.  I would advise you to schedule a follow up appointment with the surgeon who performed the procedure to discuss your specific pain.  For example, "I am having burning pain along my incision site" or "I have an achy sensation below the incision that doesn't go away."  If the scar line is red, it is indicative of inflammation at the site.  Your surgeon may direct you to use a course of non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to reduce the inflammation and pain but this should only be done under their direction.  I hope you are able to get some relief soon, best of luck!

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon