Considering mini facelift; best doc in Staten Island, NY? (Photo)

Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

A mini facelift is great for the right reasons...

A mini facelift is best in patients who have early jowling and a neck that is not too heavy like your photo appears to be. Finding the best facelift surgeon can be difficult, but a main thing to look for is if he/she specializes in facial plastic surgery and does this procedure all the time. That way you will have a better chance of having a great result.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering mini facelift; best doc in Staten Island, NY?

If you are not happy with the look of your face, you feel that you are getting older, your skin started to lose its elasticity and if you think that this situation is going to get even worse if you do not take any precaution; then you can be a good candidate for “Spider Web Aesthetics”. Most people are afraid of surgical interventions since the complication risk and the results can frighten the patients. Therefore patients are seeking for non-surgical solutions more and more. Spider Web Aesthetics is a non-surgical lifting

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Board-certified Surgeon With Decades of Experience

I am located in Staten Island, NY, and have performed over 1,000 lifts. Most are done in the office under a local anesthetic with mild sedation (Valium). Please give my office a call; I can go over all of your options with you. I also offer 3D imaging, so you can get an idea about how you might look after the procedure.

The Concept Facelift

Thank you very much for your question. I have many patients travelling from a distance to have my Concept Facelift procedure, therefore very popular. My innovation procedure combines the latest surgical techniques with the use of local anaesthetic to dramatically reduce the risks associated with traditional facelifts. This significantly reduces the bruising and downtime of your recovery, from months to a matter of days.

The benefits of local anaesthetic Concept Facelift are:

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results

A lot of our patients will combine this facelift procedure with others as well to ensure their overall result expectations are achieved. This could be eyelid surgery, dermal cheek fillers, lip implants, neck lift. This gives patients an overall natural and youthful look. Please do visits a plastic surgeon for a one to one consultation so they can assess you and you can discuss desired results, see before and after pictures of past patients and ask many questions you may have.

Best wishes with your future procedure

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties. From the photos your cheeks are flat (concave) anteriorly (in the front) with excess fat in front and below the cheeks, jowls are present and I suspect that the chin might be weak (can be confirmed by profile view). These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. I combine specific fat reduction to further shape the cheeks.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure. When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face. My out of town and international facelift patients fly home in as little as 3 days post facelift.

Hope this helps.

Mini-Facelift, Mid-facelift, fillers, Botox, Thermi and other options

Dear lynnatrium:

Thanks for sharing your photo! Unfortunately, your hair covers a good bit of what a "mini" facelift may improve. Based on this very limited look, you may or may not be the best candidate for this option.

Please consider a talented and skillful, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to consider this and other options such as: injectables including fillers and Botox
  • other facelift options
  • cheek suspension and mid-facelift
  • ThermiTIGHT and ThermiSMOOTH skin tightening
Sorry I cannot help you for direct referrals but do your homework diligently to be best served!
All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Mini facelift?

Thanks for your question and photo. It does look like you might be a very good candidate for a mini facelift. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would allow a full analysis and a review of all of your options to meet your goals. You are fortunate to live in an area with so many well qualified plastic surgeons. I would  wouldn't limit your radius to just Staten Island. Word of mouth locally is usually your best bet and a great starting  point. Couple that with a little research in your vicinity and you will have many wonderful options
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Great you decided upon a mini FL/NL SMAS. I would also add some Silhouette InstaLift sutures with fat grafting. Good luck.

Best facelift Doc.

Seeing is believing. Without having the opportunity to examine you, I would say you are an excellent candidate for precision facial rejuvenation. My personal philosophy is a conservative, understated, less is more approach, always with a keen eye towards natural beauty. It has become common knowledge that a plastic surgeon with a large experience in natural face lifting, who is well credentialed and board certified is your best and safest bet for achieving a superior result. Look carefully at web sites and study the before and afters of the procedure you desire. All the best in your investigative phase. This is thoughtful and healthy.

Mini facelift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a mini facelift. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD