What would you recommend to make my lips symmetrical and show more teeth when I smile? (photos)

What can I do to fix my lips I had a lip lift and silicone injections years ago. I have used kenolog to reduce them but Now I feel that my mouth is uneven , my mouth is drooping and I can't show my teeth when I smile. Please give me some suggestions.

Silicone in lips

I usually strongly advise against silicone in the lips because it is so difficult to reduce or remove and reshape.  Many doctors advocate against even using products such as Juvederm in areas where silicone is present because it can rarely cause a reaction with the silyicone and cause a big problem.  I would only seek treatment if you are very dissatisfied with your lips as they are and seek out a facial plastic surgeon who has experience removing silicone from the lips safely.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper lip

A small, well crafted excision of upper lip, mostly lateral, would be what I would recommend. We see a LOT if silicone injected lips in Miami and this has proven to be my most predictable approach.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Lip augmentation

Your lips do not appear symmetric from the photo that you posted. I would stay away from surgery since the results can sometimes be unpredictable in this delicate area. I would rather you try some Juvederm or Restylane into the lips. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of injections in cosmetic dermatology. 

Depending on your examination, chelioplasty surgery may be considered for lip reduction to provide more upper teeth show.

Based on your photos, you do not appear to have much asymmetry. Chelioplasty, or lip reduction surgery, may lead to decreased pink volume in your upper lip, and possibly more upper teeth show with smiling. Scars are inconspicuously placed in your mouth, and there is at least two weeks of downtime.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

You would benefit from an operation.

The shape of your upper lip could be improved with an operation.  On both sides of the upper lip, there is excessive fullness, and the only way to reshape it is with an operation.  To try to change it with steroid injections or fillers would not be a good idea.  Good luck!