Is it possible for the internal stitches of a Tummy Tuck to break 12 years post op?

I have had pressure and swelling in my abdomen for about 4 months which subsides at times but returns when I strain my stomach muscles. There was an actual large bulge which appeared once and disappeared a few hours later. I have an appointment very soon to determine if this is a hernia, but I am concerned that it may be the result of the tightening surgery. If it is indeed due to broken sutures, would my insurance cover the hernia repair?

Hernia Repair

If you have developed a true hernia of your abdomen, the repair is covered by insurance. A CT scan may be required to document the deformity. If this is a recurrence of the gap between the rectus muscles and not a true hernia, insurance will not cover. I recommend an evaluation first with your plastic surgeon to determine what could have happened. Further work-up will be guided by your exam by that surgeon., Best wishes.