I got my saline implant deflated and now only the right one seemed to reinflated by itself feels tight and hurts?

One implant( saline) is deflated and the other one has inflated.

Thanks for the question.  It may s clear that the deflated implant needs to be replaced, either with another saline implant or possibly a silicone implant could be recommended by your Plastic Surgeon.  The other implant should not be able to re inflate, but rather has formed a seroma, hematoma or has developed capsular contracture surrounding the implant.  In either case, exploration and replacement after full evaluation should be offered.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Implants

You would have to be seen. Your deflated implant needs to be exchanged, not sure what you are talking about regarding reinflation.

I got my saline implant deflated and now only the right one seemed to reinflated by itself feels tight and hurts

You should go back to your surgeon to be examined and treated. Most likely the sharp device used to deflate the saline implants caused some bleeding to make the one side tight and hard. Good luck.

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an exam. It sounds as though you may have a capsular contracture on the right side. The deflated implant should be replaced.

Saline implant deflation

Thank you for the question. The deflated implant will need to be replaced and the other breast may have a hematoma, seroma or capsular contracture. You will need to be seen in person for a better evaluation. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

I got my saline implant deflated and now only the right one seemed to reinflate itself.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Depending on the timing of your deflation I would be concerned about a "reinflation" being the result of a hematoma.  See your surgeon quickly for an in-person examination.

Concerns after breast implant deflation…

Based on your description,  you have developed a fluid accumulation in the breast implant "pocket"; this may be a collection of serum (seroma) or blood (hematoma).   Best to let your plastic surgeon know of your situation. Best wishes.

Saline implant

You should be evaluated by your/a plastic surgeon to discuss potential surgery options.

Breast implant swelling after breast augmentation

breast swelling around a deflated implant is a potentially serious condition. You are describing a late "seroma" around an implant. This is a condition in which it is highly advised to have the implant removed and the capsule checked for abnormal growths. See a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon for best advise. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Pain on one side

If the one side is swelling and uncomfortable, it may be an infection or capsular contracture. I would contact your surgeon to be evaluated in person.