Arm lift, tummy tuck with Lipo?

How many hours are spent on each procedures? How long is the arm lift and tummy tuck with Lipo ? 48 yrs old goes to the gym regularly. Lost weight from GB 2003 and have some sagging arms and not so pleasant stomach no curves. :( and My iron level is low.. Like a 8.. Taking prescribed irons pills now.

Sagging arm skin after weight loss fat arms arm lift arm reduction arm liposuction brachioplasty tummy tuck

Hello,Thank you for your question regarding an arm lift and tummy tuck with liposuction.    Thanks also for your history.  Pictures would complete the story, but I will try to answer your questions as best as I can. Every patient is different, and every plastic surgeon is different.  However, in general, a full arm lift or brachioplasty takes three to four hours.  A full tummy tuck or abdominoplasty takes about four hours.  Depending on the amount of liposuction required, this can take several hours.  If your plastic surgeon needs to reposition you on your side, the liposuction will take longer. I often combine the arm lift with a tummy tuck and liposuction.  My primary concern is your iron.  Anemia is very common after gastric bypass.  I would suggest frequent blood checks and iron pills.  Also, to get your iron and hemoglobin levels higher, you may need an iron transfusion.  If you still cannot raise your iron levels, you may need to stage the procedures.  Perhaps, have the tummy tuck performed first, then two to three months later the arm lift, then two to three months later the arm lift.  Depending on your blood levels, you may need iron transfusions in between.  I hope this answers your questions about an arm lift, brachioplasty, tummy tucks and liposuction.     If you have any further questions about an arm lift or tummy tuck, please contact my office. Sincerely,Dr. J. Timothy Katzen

Arm lift and tummy tuck

Provided you are a candidate for both procedures and medically cleared, it should take around 4 hours , maybe less if two surgeons operated (as we may do to shorten OR time and risks).

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Procedures After Weight Loss in Melbourne, Florida

Congratulations on your weight loss! You could certainly have these procedures done at the same time as long as you are in good health and an appropriate candidate. The length of time it would take would vary depending on the amount of skin you have left and your current weight and how much liposuction is going to be done, so it would be impossible to predict the length of time without an in-person exam. I would definitely discuss in detail with your board-certified plastic surgeon. I hope this information is helpful to you. Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and arm lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss.  You likely are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Arm lift can performed at the same time.  These can be transforming procedures.  The total operative time is around five hours.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Arm lift, tummy tuck with Lipo?

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; your areas of concern are quite commonly encountered after successful significant weight loss.  Generally speaking, combination surgical procedures are done routinely. However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery…The anemia definitely needs workup and treatment prior to proceeding.
It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance. Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important considerations.
  Duration of surgery will vary from one practice to another.  Postoperative considerations are also important when it comes to deciding whether or not to proceed with this type of combination procedure. Based on the principle of safety and avoidance of complications first, in my practice, I generally avoid combination surgical procedures that will take longer than six hours in our hands.
Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. Best wishes.