How soon after implant exchange can I go back to minimal activity at the gym ?

Hello , I am prone to capsule contracture on my right breast. Just had surgery 2 days ago . When can I go back to the gym and work out my legs or lower body yoga ? I take pride in my body and working out. This is extremely difficult. Any suggestions on what to do and when ? Thank you.

Gym and breast surgery

Usually light exercise can be performed in 3-4 weeks for most of my breast aug patients. Each doctor is different and each patient heals differently, so you should ask your surgeon.

Breast augmentation resuming activity

It is best to wait at least 3 to 4 weeks after surgery before resuming light exercise. Always best to check with your plastic surgeon. The wound healing can be compromised which affects when you can resume activity. The wound needs to be checked by your doc to give you the OK for resuming more activity. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on having undergone the revisionary breast surgery.  Ultimately, only your plastic surgeon should advise you when it comes to returning to specific exercises.  If I were you, I would ask for more specific recommendations as opposed to "listen to your body".  With these types of cases, I want my patients to AVOID hearing their bodies say "ouch"...
  In my opinion, returning to certain activities too soon may increase the risk of bleeding and recurrence of encapsulation.  Therefore, In my practice, I ask patients to avoid upper body weightlifting, stretching, and strenuous activity in general respectively for at least 4 to 6 weeks after the surgery. 
One of the problems associated with this type of revisionary breast surgery: often, patients do not experience much discomfort with this type of surgery.  This may lead them to return to activities too soon unless they are aware of the potential problems that may occur. I hope this helps. Best wishes for outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.