34DD and need some weight lifted off my shoulders (literally!) (Photo)

I am in my 30s and suffer from DD syndrome lol! I just want to be carefree and not deal with the struggles that come with these 2 "bags of not so much fun" lol! I constantly have neck pain and back pain and well as pain in my ribs since I have to wear super supportive bras considering I have a very active job. I have an appointment in OCT and although I am excited, I am nervous that I won't be considered a candidate by my insurance. I am 5'2" and 123lbs... anyone ever deal with Tricare?

#breastreduction #breastlift #plasticsurgery

Hello Needalittlehelp, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction candidate

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Reduction

You may be able to have a breast reduction covered by insurance in light of your physical symptoms.  

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

You may or may not have enough tissue to be removed that fits the criteria for your insurance company. You can check with them for criteria and then go for consultation.

Breast reduction approval

The photos do not demonstrate the degree of ptosis and bra strap grooving that insurers like to see. That said, the preauthorization letter will assume greater importance.  Keep in mind that each carrier has a minimum amount of gram weight which must be removed. In a petite woman, this may leave your breasts smaller than you might prefer.