Should I wait or get more Voluma now -1.5 years ago I had a total of 3 ml of voluma over a 6 month period. (photo)

Just 6days ago I had another 1 ml placed to just keep it fresh. WELL I really only wanted it put in my left side the right still seemed to have enough filler left. He still split it evenly and I feel very uneven.You can see the right side is good to me.full even seemed to help with my under eyes.The left is way less at least I think.. Is it too early for him to put another bit in my left side? I know a whole syringe is way too much but I think another .5 to even things out - what do you think?

Voluma results

I would recommend that you wait at least 2-3 weeks for your body to recover before considering any more filler. And keep in mind that perfect symmetry doesn't exist. All of us are asymmetric. It is what makes each of us unique. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma results

Honestly, your cheeks are bordering on appearing overfilled and I recommend you do not get more Voluma injected along the zygoma (laterally). The medial (towards the nose) aspect of the left cheek does look less full than the right but I would wait for any swelling/bruising to resolve before having additional filler injected. I also find that when the cheeks are injected with Voluma, the temples appear more hollow and this appears to be the case with you. If you go in for additional filler injection and only some of the syringe is used on the left cheek,  I would use the remainder to inject your temples and soften the transition between the temples and cheeks. 

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Your results are not yet final, so it is best you remain patient. Keep in mind that any mild swelling will fade within 2-4 weeks. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't add more now.

Some asymmetry in your face is acceptable. I think that you will look overdone if you add anything in the pursuit of perfectly even...

You may see it settle down over the next few weeks. Hope that you will be happier. Its important also for you to have the treatment done by someone who you feel comfortable with and feel confident  with their skills? 

Be well,

Dr Beverly Johnson

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

Should I wait or get more Voluma now?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Allow your results time to mature over the next 7 days so that any residual swelling clears and a more accurate comparison can be made.  I agree that your left looks smaller in your photograph but no reason to add more filler as you may overcorrect in attempts at achieving improved symmetry.  Hope this helps.

Asymmetrical Solution with cheek augmentation and fillers (juvederm, radiesse)

It can take 1-2 weeks to get your final results. I recommend waiting for final results before you decide to have it touched up. Best, Dr. Emer

More filler now? Or later?

Thank you for your question. You are definitely fairly volumized. If you do choose to have more injected, I would really focus on the medial (towards the nose) area on the left side, and not fill anymore laterally - your cheek bones are already very defined. We all have natural asymmetries that sometimes can be made more prominent when filler is injected - especially if the same amount is used per side. I think a half cc on the left would be just about perfect - it's not way too early to have more injected, however I would wait at least 1 more week for any residual swelling to go down to ensure that you have a chance of achieving better symmetry. Voluma is a great product - and holds up very well (nearly 18 months, depending on the patient). Best of luck! 

More Voluma now or wait

It looks to me that the cheeks are bordering on being overfilled. I'd hold off on further filling for now. Let things settle down for a few weeks. The temples appear to need filling to round out the upper face. Voluma is not the product for the tear trough area. I use Restylane for  this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Additional Voluma

Adding filler to an area can result in a very pleasing appearance.  However, it is best to wait several weeks before additional filler is added to an already recently injected area.  It can take 3-4 weeks for the product to be completely integrated into the area, and for swelling to resolve.  Additionally, there is an increased risk of infection or biofilm development if injections occur within  2 weeks.  My advice is to wait a month and then assess the area

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon