I had reconstructive surgery after double mastectomy 5 years ago. I am having pain in the left breast. I have saline implants.

After having double mastectomy, my Dr. did tissue expanders, then he implanted saline implants. This was 5 years ago. 8 months ago I started having pain in my left breast. The pain is relieved if I push upward on the outer side of the breast up toward my chin ( best reference I can think of) I also have started wearing compression bras and have gotten bras with a strap across to help Hold the breast in place. The pain has gotten worse over the past 8 months.

Pain after reconstruction

Any change in symptoms should be evaluated in person by your surgeons. Best of luck. Hope all is well.

Pain after breast reconstruction

It sounds like your implants are either too heavy and are causing stretch on the nerves or that you have a painful capsular contracture, although this seems less likely.  Without seeing pics or knowing how big your implants are, there's not enough info to be more specific, but if you need a revision or are interested, your surgery should be covered, so I'd recommend seeing a PS near you for their thoughts.  

Cain R. Linville, MD

Pain after reconstruction

This is an issue that should be seen by the physician who did the original reconstruction or by another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  It may be a capsule forming around the implant which will not improve without treatment.  This will be covered by your insurance if the reconstruction was after a cancer diagnosis.

John S. Poser, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon