Rhinoplasty to narrow the base of the nose, can this correction be done? (photos)

I want to ask if this operation is even possible-to narrow the base of the nose. I am talking about the area of the nose bones where the nose connects to the cheeks. As a doctor already explained, these are not exactly the nose bones, but maxillary bones. My problem is - in vertical orientation, the middle of the base of nose is wider than the top and the bottom. This makes rough, hollow circles below my eyes. I wanna ask if this correction can be done? I hope the pictures will give more detail.

Basal Aesthetic Lines of the Nasal Bones

Yes it is possible to narrow the nasal bones and the ascending process of the maxillary bone with osteotomies. Often in rhinoplasty surgery the dorsal and basal aesthetic lines are improved or modified to enhance overall facial balance. Should you consider rhinoplasty, you may wish to share your overall goals with your plastic surgeon. Unfortunately, it is less likely that improvements in this area will also enhance your hollow regions below your eyes. 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to narrow the base of the nose

Hello Viki,

You seem to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty.What you are looking for is narrowing the bony pyramid as we call this area.Yes this can be done.I will suggest if you also try to narrow and refine the tip along with reduction of size of alae.

Wishing you good luck

Rhinoplasty

Yes, a rhinoplasty can address your concerns, but if it is the hallows under your eyes that really bother you, it may make more sense to address them. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person. Be very clear about your desired outcome and then discuss the best options for you for achieving them. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon