I'm still self conscious about my nose. Do you think I need a revision? (photos)

self-conscious about the nose

It is possible to undergo a revision rhinoplasty after one year. The alar notching can be addressed with a composite graft harvested from the ear. The bridge line can be addressed and the tip irregularities can be improved. There is no perfect nose, just improvements. For many examples and more information, please see the video and the link below

When to pursue revision suergery

Hi there, Deciding to pursue revision rhinoplasty can be a difficult decision. I usually recommend allowing yourself to fully heal from surgery before making a decision (but I do make a few exception). My recommendation is that you try to describe what it is that is still concerning you about your nose and that you meet with your surgeon to discuss what a revision would involve and how likely are you to get the results you are looking for. Considering getting another opinion as well. I hope this helps! Good luck

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty?

I need to see a better set of photos as described on my website and others. I would need to know your goals of what you would like. Your r ala is retracted giving the appearance of a hanging columella and this can be fixed if it bothers you. See your surgeon and if dissatisfied get a second opinion from a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Revision Rhinoplasty

Have you consulted your original surgeon?  Were your goals for your original rhinoplasty reasonable, and were they met?  If you have had an honest conversation with your original surgeon and you feel you are unhappy with his or her response, and you are unhappy with your result, I suggest you find a highly qualified plastic surgeon with years of experience in revision rhinoplasty.  Please choose carefully, as revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult surgical procedures.

Do I Need a Revision?

Only you can decide if you need a revision. If your not satisfied with your result consult with your surgeon or a revision rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your concerns and options.