I am two weeks post op from a breast lift and augment. My nipples are different sizes, when measured .25 inches!

My left nipple is more raised and much larger, My right nipple is one quarter inch smaller. I brought this to my doctors attention and he said give it time to heal, but while I understand the swelling will reduce in time, there is no way the size, diameter of the nipple will change. This is a huge difference! I am completely stressed out about it because I do not see how he can fix it. The skin is already pulled so tight.

Different nipple sizes

It is not uncommon to have some minor size and shape differences from right to left after undergoing a Mastopexy+aug or mastopexy alone. Most surgeons use a sizer in the OR to cut the nipple areola complex so they are the exact same size, then when the skin is sutured around them there can be some minor changes in size/shape. This typically resolves with some time. The tight skin will also relax with time. Continue seeing your surgeon and listening to them regarding your post-op care, surely they want you to have the best result you can.

Areola are different after surgery

Thanks for your question. At 2 weeks post op you still have a lot of swelling. The areola tissue is much more flexible than the other breast tissue and tends to expand and stretch with the swelling of the breast. Your areola will absolutely decrease in size. This may still take a few weeks though. If at 3-6 months post op, you are still unhappy, then your surgeon will be able to do a simple scar revision to make them more symmetric.

Different size areolas after a lift with augmentation

It is definitely possible that the diameter of the areolas will become more symmetric with healing. If this doesn't happen to your satisfaction, it is often quite straightforward to do a revision to make them more similar. I would wait to do this until about 3 to 6 months after surgery.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Areola size

Even if they stay that different in size, you would still have to wait at least 6 months or so for the swelling to subside and for the tissues to soften before having a revision.