I had a TT w/ MR, BL w/ implants 7 weeks ago and I'm healing really well. When can I start boxing again?

I am 7 weeks post op and I wanted to know when I can start doing boxing again, I'm very nervous about my breasts

Dr Derby

thank you for your question. I would discuss this directly with your surgeon , i would start light aerobic exercises after 8 weeks and then slowly augment intensity. Best of luck 

Mommy make-over - when can I start boxing?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make over recovery.

• I am so glad you have done well with your mommy make-over.
  • Generally, vigorous exercise begins about 6-8 weeks after a mommy make-over.
  • But a contact sport poses additional concerns.
  • Please talk to your surgeon about exactly what your boxing entails and what kind of protecitve gear you use.
  • Then your surgeon can tell you when and how to return to it.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Return to Activity after mommy makeover

Thank for your question. For the average patient in my practice we begin a gradual return to activity between the third and sixth week if everything is proceeding well. This time frame is tailored to the patient's goal activity level and how they are healing. It is often best to recovery gradually as any athlete would do after an injury.

Because you Box and Pole dance be certain your PS has cleared you for these more strenuous activities to be safe.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Healing and Activity Following a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.