I had a TT w/ MR and BL w/ implants. When is it safe to start doing pole dancing?

I'm 7 weeks post op and I wanted to know when can I start pole dancing, I'm very scared because of the muscle repair

DrDerby

thank you for your question. I would discuss this directly with your surgeon , i would start light aerobic exercises after 8 weeks and then slowly augment intensity. Best of luck 

When can I start pole dancing ?

Congrats on your recent surgery! In my practice I have my patients refrain from any core exercise for 8 weeks.  After the 8 weeks they can slowly start to get back into core strengthening. However I would discuss with your surgeon on his or her thoughts as to they could have different instructions.  Best of Luck! 

Return to Activity

I think most TT with MR can return to activity by 6 weeks. I would recommend you gradually increase aerobic exercise and try some more advanced moves. See how it feels. If there is any stress, you need to wait. Also check with your surgeon. They may be more strict given the exertion you are considering. Best wishes. 

Exercise After Surgery

I would encourage you to begin aerobic activity and move light weights (anything you can do more than 20 reps of is fine).  However, that muscle repair from the tummy tuck and the implants from the butt lift are subject to move and tear with aggressive activity that requires a Valsalva maneuver.  In my practice, no strenuous exercise until about 3 months.  Why so long?  Because I've seen problems when people go back sooner.

Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD

Mommy Makeover - Post op return to activity.

Thank for your question. For the average patient in my practice we begin a gradual return to activity between the third and sixth week if everything is proceeding well. This time frame is tailored to the patient's goal activity level and how they are healing. It is often best to recovery gradually as any athlete would do after an injury.

Because you Box and Pole dance be certain your PS has cleared you for these more strenuous activities to be safe.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover and Exercise

In general, the majority of my patients are cleared for exercise at 6 weeks post op.  See your surgeon for an in person exam to answer your question.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Mommy Makeover - Post Op Exercise?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent mommy makeover surgery. Most patients are cleared to exercise by six weeks following a tummy tuck.   it is best to have an in-person follow up examination with your plastic surgeon for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing at this time. Good luck in your recovery.

When it is safe to pole dance after surgery?

Of course, it is best to speak to your surgeon as she/he may have other suggestions that are more appropriate for your individual case. However, in my practice, before any physical activity that incorporates a core workout after a tummy tuck, I would recommend 8 weeks to allow the tightening of the muscles to heal before stressing the repair.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Resuming Activity Following a Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair

Thank you very much for your question. In general, most patients are able to resume light exercise six weeks after their tummy tuck and butt lift procedures. However, your operating surgeon will have his/her own recovery protocol, based on your medical history and healing progression. I recommend you speak with your surgeon and follow their advice before you resume your normal activitie

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD