Would I be a good candidate for liposuction? (photos)

I had smart lipo done 3 years ago and I'm still really unhappy with my upper abdomen! I just want to make the decision this time around as I felt smart lipo wasn't at all! I have lost 12 lbs since the procedure.

Secondary Liposuction

It is hard to tell without an examination.  However, patients can have secondary liposuction surgery if residual lipodystrophy exists.  As my colleagues here have stated, you should seek the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon with examples of his work to show you.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction revision

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry you were disappointed by your Smart Lipo -
  • Yes, you can have a second liposuction 
  • Please be sure it is by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • Here's the Smart Lipo problem - it was sold to many doctors with no surgical training and no training in esthetics so they really couldn't do the best job for you.
  • You need a real plastic surgeon to advise you on what needs to be done for your best result.
  • Any kind of liposuction in the right hands should work fine - so find the right surgeon and let her/him recommend what approach is best for you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

Thank you for your question along with your photos. Since liposuction only removes fat, it does not remove excess skin, patients should have good skin elasticity to get their best results. If their skin is already loose or sagging, a lift surgery may be added to the liposuction for your best results. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation to see what procedures need to be done to get your best results. 

Wish you all the best, 

Dr. Mentz  

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Liposculpture

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You do seem to be a good candidate for liposuction revision. This procedure will help contour your waistline and add definition. Make sure that you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations and to meet your goals. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Candidate for Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. You would be an good candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and flank. Smart lipo in the hands of a board certified, experienced plastic surgeon can deliver excellent contour results and skin tightening. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will be the only way to find out what type of liposuction is best for you. 

Kenneth A. Godwin, DO
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring / Tummy tuck / Mommy Makeover -- CANDIDATE

Based on the pictures you will get good contouring but you may have loose skin . I suggest you see an expert it may be that you need skin removal at the same time to get the best look.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Revision lipo

You look like an excellent candidate for repeat liposuction of your abdomen AND flanks for complete transformation of your abdominal contour. 

Good luck 

DrBurnett#realself100

Revision Liposuction

You need a direct examination to determine if the areas of excess can be reduced well with further liposuction and if you have too much excess skin. There are many people doing liposuction including many physicians who are not even surgeons. Seek a consultation from a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with significant experience in liposuction and body contour surgery.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Lipo?

You would have to be seen in person to determine how much fat might be there and how much loose s kin you have.  Best of luck.