Is it necessary to extract the premolars? (Photo)

Hi , My orthodontist suggested I take out 4 of the teeth behind my canines to make room so my teeth can have more space to be straight. I did research and came across the Damon system, I was wondering based on the photos if it's a good idea to get an orthodontist who can do the Damon system to save my teeth. My other orthodontist wanted to apply an expander to make room for my top teeth. Thank you Doctors for all the help.

Third molars extractions

Still, just because your wisdom teeth aren’t a source of pain doesn’t mean there’s nothing wrong. The teeth could be stuck, or impacted. That means they can’t break through your jaw and into your mouth. Maybe your mouth is too small to make room for them, or the teeth could be growing at an angle to other teeth. They can damage the toothnext door if they push up against it.
Some dentists take out healthy molars to prevent problems later on. As you age, the bones in your mouth get harder. That makes your teeth tougher to remove.
If you wait, you could have problems after surgery that range from heavy bleeding and fractured teeth to severe numbness and minor loss of movement in your jaw. These troubles could last a few days or a lifetime.

When wisdom teeth cause problems, or X-rays show they might down the line, they need to come out. Other good reasons to take them out.

Dominican Republic Dentist