I'm 2 weeks post BL?BA. Are my incisions normal? (Photo)

Had surgery on 11/20, I am absolutely loving the results. I am concerned about my left areolar incision. Does this look normal for being 2 weeks post op? If not, what kind of treatment would you recommend? My next appointment with my PS is 12/16. Thanks!

I'm 2 weeks post BL?BA. Are my incisions normal?

Thank you for your question. You incisions look fine for 2 weeks post surgery. There does not seem to be any infection or wounds.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Best wishes. 

Your incisions look intact. I usually have patients wear paper tape or stern-strips for 4-6 weeks minimum.  But each doctor is different. Best to ask yours.

2 weeks post op, some advices

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

In my practice, after performing a BA + BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Incisions after breast lift and aug

Your incisions look a little crusty but I don't see  signs of separation or infection.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Normal Incisions

Thank you for the question and photos.  It seems you have good results in your augmentation.  You are still early in your recovery stage so everything will get better in time.  Just give it a few weeks.  If your concern does not seem to get better over time, it would be best to visit your surgeon.  Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Am I healing ok?

Hello dear, thanks for your question, your healing process looks pretty good and its going to improve with the time, if you have any concern remember to contact your surgeon.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation

Hi & thank you for your question.

It looks like everything is healing nicely and should continue to improve with time.  Any concerns you have please call your surgeon. Best of luck & enjoy your result!

Incision healing

Based solely on your photos, your incisions look to be healing quite normally. The appearance should continue to improve with time. Just follow your surgeon's post op instructions and enjoy your new breasts. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Mastopexy Augmentation wound healing

Congratulations on your surgery.  Although it is hard to tell without an in-person exam, it looks like your incisions are healing normally.  The wrinkled skin (or pleating) around the areola is normal and will improve with time.  Even small open areas around the areola will heal on their own.  Continue to follow your surgeon's incision care advice and best of luck in your healing process.  

Are my incisions normal?

Thank you for the question and the photographs. While a picture cannot take the place of an in-person examination your incisions appear to be healing normally. As you progress in the healing process your incisions will improve in appearance. Best wishes.