I've had my implant a year now and left side is really hard. Is there anything I can do?

Hard Implant

Your left side felling really hard could be a sign of a capsular contracture. It would be best to follow up with your surgeon for an in person exam asap to see what needs to be done to resolve this issue.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Hard breast implant

What you are describing sounds like you may have a capsular contracture.   Would be best for you to see your surgeon and have him/her evaluate you.

Thank you for your question.  When the breasts get hard or tight after implants, it's usually indicative of capsular contracture.  An in person exam would be required to determine this.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

I've had my implant a year now and left side is really hard. Is there anything I can do

Thank you for your question. It is hard to comment without picture or physical exam. You may be developing capsular contracture. I recommend to see your PS for evaluation

Breast implant is really hard

Thank you for your question. When an implant changes from soft to hard, that is typically suggestive of capsular contracture. Capsular contracture is thickening of the typically thin layer of scar tissue that normally surrounds the implant. The thickened scar tissue can squeeze and distort the implant causing a firm, hard, displaced appearance of the implant. There are some non surgical treatments for this, but usually additional surgery and replacement of the implant is necessary. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and discuss all the options available to you.Best Wishes,Michael Morrissey, MD

Capsular contracture

You should go back to your surgeon for an exam. From what you describe, you may have capsular contracture. Best of luck. 
Dean Vistnes, MD.Vistnes Plastic SurgerySan Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I am sorry for what your going through.  I would recommend that you follow up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.  It sounds like you may be experiencing Capsular contracture.  This can happen with breast augmentation.If its causing some distortion and no pain in 6 months, eventually you may need surgical correction.I would like to see your before and immediate after photos as well as know size and type of surgery to make sure its not some asymmetry.If capsular contracture turns painful, then you will have to start considering reconstructive options.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon