Revised question: am I a good candidate for lip lift and would this be a good idea before PermaLip implants?(photo)

I've been receiving Juvederm nearly monthly for two years, and while I love the results, they just don't last(my surgeon is always shocked at how much filler I absorb) and I'm ready for permanent results. My doctor does not perform lip lift or implant(I live in a rural part of MO)but I am ready to travel now to the best surgeon that fits my needs. I have attached photos.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Permanent options to augment your lips include fat injections, direct lip lift, sub-nasal lip lift, and corner lip lift. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Perhaps you should find a few doctors in an area that is a short flight away and consult with a few of them to determine which surgeon provides you the greatest comfort and rapport. It is important that your surgeon have outstanding credentials including education, training, expertise, patient testimonials and before/after photos. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

Judging from your pictures you provided, it is my opinion that you would be a good candidate for a lip lift.

What is a lip lift?
A lip lift is a surgical procedure designed to reshape the contours and borders of the lips through reshaping techniques. The procedure increases the prominence of the red coloured area that is adjacent to regular skin (vermillion border) - similar to some of the pictures you provided that you liked.

Because everyone’s lips are different there are two procedures that can be done to lift the lips.
  1. Central lip lift: This procedure shortens the upper lip and moves the vermillion border up to create volume in the upper lip. Central lip lifts are performed by making a small incision under the nose where it will be hidden.
  2. Down-turned corners: This lip lift focuses solely on the down-turned corners of the mouth and also begins with a small incision. The difference is that this incision is made on the side of the mouth so that the surgeon can manipulate the corners into a more pleasing position.
Hope this helped. Best of luck,