I'd like to have lip filler injections. I have thin lips. Will this look strange to have a filler? (Photo)

I'm looking at whitening my smile and would like to have filler in my lips. My lips are thin, will it look odd to use filler?

Lip Filler

I believe that you would be an excellent candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm from Allergan. The hyaluronic acid fillers are comprised of a substance that is present in our bodies naturally. You can have a small amount injected to allow you the opportunity to assess how much you will be comfortable with.  My approach is to start with a small amount and then build on that. More can always be added, but it is difficult to remove in a symmetrical fashion if you get too much injected at one time. Your top lip can be filled out and your bottom lip can be given a nice fullness and pout and this can be done to look natural, not huge or fake.

Good luck with your whitening and I bet you will be  happy with a lip augmentation done by an experienced practitioner.

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo.I think you are a great candidate for lip augmentation using a hyaluronic acid filler.  I would start off with a small amount given that your lips are thin and you are seeking a subtle, natural result. I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon