Are 2 Cool Sculpting Treatments needed on each area a month apart?

A PS I spoke with does 2 Cool Sculpting Treatments a month apart. Of course the price reflects that. Is that necessary?

The number of CoolSculpting treatments will be reflected in both cost of treatment and difference of results

Thank you for asking this excellent question! In my practice, we most commonly recommend a “stacking” treatment technique, which is 2 cycles of CoolSculpting to the area, in the same appointment. My experience with this technique for the past several years has been very successful, achieving an average of 50-60% reduction of fat in the treated area. The price of the treatment plan is reflective of the number of cycles, yes, because of the consumable cost to run CoolSculpting technology. It is my preference to treat patients this way rather than to wait weeks between the first and second cycle because placement of the applicators is very critical. When treating two cycles back to back, we’re able to see exactly what was just treated in the first cycle when placing the applicator back onto the body.
It has been my experience that very few patients are as satisfied or excited about a single cycle of CoolSculpting. While a single cycle of CoolSculpting is effectively destroying 20-25% of the fat in the treated area, the reduction is not commonly as noticeable to the patient when wearing their clothing, or looking in the mirror. Waiting a period of time between CoolSculpting treatment cycles is also effective, however the final results of those combined treatments will take longer to notice.

If you’re concerned that two treatment cycles are not necessary for you to obtain your desired results, you may benefit from consulting with additional plastic surgery practices before your treatment. Having confidence in your provider and treatment plan is so very important.

I hope this is helpful to you, and I wish you the very best!
Jenn Harrington, MD

CoolSCulpting is a customized treatment plan

CoolSculpting treatments are customized for every patient. It is important that you visit a reputable board certified plastic surgeon for a complete analysis prior to scheduling any procedures. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

2 Coolsculpting treatments

Coolsculpting, like all Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic procedures, is not cookie cutter medicine.  There is no perfect formula or recommendation that fits all people. Though quite soon, if a second procedure is required for optimal results, it can be performed at 4 weeks.  Most patients do opt for two treatments for optimal results but not everyone needs two.  Consider a face to face consultation with another experienced Coolsculpting provider to determine if you do in fact need two treatments.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting Sessions and Timing

Coolsculpting sessions can be scheduled one month apart or more depending on the area and the amount of fat or treatments necessary.  An in patient consultation is really the only way to assess this.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Number of Coolsculpting treatments needed

The number of CoolsSulpting treatments needed depends on the area that is treated and the amount of fat at the treatment area. On average, each CoolsSulpting treatment targets 20-25% of fat cells in the area. A large majority of patients do need two treatments per area to get the desired effect. However, you can also wait on average 3 months to see the full effect of the first treatment before deciding if you will get a second treatment. 

Marine Demirjian, MD
Glendale Internist

Thank you for your question. Treatment plans vary from patient to patient. Some patients are satisfied with one treatment, while others require more. If you are unsure, you can always see another board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion. Or, you could start with one treatment, wait 9-12 weeks to see if you are satisfied with the results, and then decide if you would like a second treatment. It normally takes 9-12 weeks to see the full result. All the best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

If you need a lot of fat removed and contouring, more than one treatment and application will be necessary or even in combination with other treatments.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

2 CoolSculpting Treatments

It is not always necessary to do multiple treatments on an area, but it can help to get more of a desired outcome.  CoolSculpting treatments typically reduce the fat cells by 20-25%.  If your desired outcome calls for more of a reduction, then multiple treatments would be necessary.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Two Coolsculpting Treatments

Having two coolsculpting treatments on an area is almost always the best advice. In fact, many will need more than two to get the result they desire. A single treatment can definitely give a nice improvement, but when two treatments are performed, the results can be amazing. It is money well spent.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Number of Coolsculpting Treatments

Depending on the transformation you are looking for, a second treatment may be needed. Keep in mind that a second treatment may not be needed based on your body and the area you are wanting reduced.

Stephen Dubin, MD
Las Vegas OB/GYN