Transplant - how many grafts do I need to cover my bald area? (Photo)

howmany grafts need to cover my bald area ?

Photos cannot assess if you would be a candidate for surgery. Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.

Photos cannot assess if you would be a candidate for surgery.  Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.  The number of grafts you "need" will depend on your goals and expectations.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts do I need?

The pictures you supplied are inadequate to determine what you need. Please see a doctor for a one on one consultation so he can measure your donor supply density

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE and FUT Hair Transplant

Unfortunately, it is difficult to tell from the pictures you have provided.  The best way would be to have a full top of head picture done and frontal view. Then we may be better able to make an assessment.

But secondly and more importantly, the number of grafts is really up to you.  Your desires play an integral part.  Typical graft number is around 2000 grafts.

Jeffrey S. Williams, DO
Durango Plastic Surgeon