About hymenoplasty stitches.

how long time goes to dissolve hymenoplasty stiches....i did surgery one week ago...how long time goes doctor...my boyfreind need to know am i a vergin....if we meet a VOG doctor....can she tell it is not a natural hymen...im afarid...

Stitches dissolve at different times depending upon the material your surgeon used

Most surgeons use sutures that dissolve in 6 weeks after surgery. You should wait at least 6 weeks before having sex or having a gyn examination if you wish to have the stitches gone for these.

Hymenoplasty: Sutures

Thank you for your question.  Hymenoplasty sutures dissolve at different rates depending on the type of dissolvable sutures used by the surgeon and the amount of moisture in the area.  I hope that this helps.     Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Hymenoplasty recovery question

Hymenoplasty stitches take 5-8 weeks to dissolve. You should do no heavy activities or activities that involve squatting for a minimum of 3 weeks. Please ask the doctor that did your surgery for advice. I didn't operate on you so I can only give you "general" advice. Ask your surgeon!
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA