Hair transplant. Why am I itching?

I have done hair transplant sugery now is one month .now effective area is itching why is?

Post-Transplant Itchy Scalp Is Normal

Having an itchy scalp after hair transplant surgery is fairly common and can occur immediately after the procedure or weeks later. It's important to avoid scratching or rubbing the affected area. An itchy scalp could have several causes, and if it persists, you should schedule an appointment to have your surgeon examine your scalp. In the meantime, if it continues to be bothersome, I would ask your surgeon's office for recommendations about products that may alleviate the itchiness.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

There is no way to tell why you have itching on the Internet. It is best to contact your doctor for a recheck.

There is no way to tell why you have itching on the Internet.  It is best to contact your doctor for a recheck.  Otherwise it is all guessing.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching 1 weeks after hair transplant

Healing often causes itching. I recommend the use of Alevicyn spray for itching and also warn patients not to scratch as that produces infection possibilities. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Why am I itching after a hair transplant surgery

The itching that occasionally follows a Hair transplantation surgery is most commonly caused by post operative crusting. Less often, it is due to excessive drying of the scalp from aggressive shampooing, an infection such as infectious eczematoid dermatitis, an allergic reaction to topically applied agents, or a previously existing skin condition (such as psoriasis). For any injury, including surgery, the healing process begins with blood clotting to form a scab. As new collagen is produced and replenished at the wound site, as well as elastin fibers, it is this portion of healing that can cause scar itching and discomfort.  If you experience heat or pain along with the itching, it’s best to contact your doctor to discuss it further.
Hope this will help

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant. Why am I itching?

There are a miriat of reasons why this is occurring. It could be irritation. Maybe you have not been washing or scrubbing your scalp. It could be infection. It is difficult to assess your situation based on this single symptom. In my opinion you should follow up with a reputable hair restoration clinic to put your mind at peace. If your clinic is out of town hopefully you can find someone closer to you.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon