Can my love handles be cool sculpted? What applicator would be used?

CoolSculpting on the Flanks/Love Handles

Yes, love handles or flanks can be treated by CoolSculpting.  It is best to see a Certified CoolSculpting Specialist or a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate.  At your consultation, the specialist will determine which applicators will be used.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a candidate. We normally use the CoolCurve applicator to treat the flanks. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Flanks and CoolSculpting

Yes the Upper and Lower Flanks can be treated with the CoolCurve+. This is a popular area that coincides with treating the abdomen to give you an even 360 degree sculpted look. To get the best treatment plan for you, schedule an in person consultation with your dermatologist or plasticsurgeon that offers CoolSculpting. Again, it may take at least 2 treatments in the area to achieve the optimal results. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Love Handles and Cool Sculpt

Love Handles are a great area for cool sculpting assuming that you have the appropriate volume. The applicator sits on the area you'd like improved for 60 minutes and at our practice we have two machines and can treat at the same time. The name of the applicator is Cool Curve and I find this treatment to be very predictable and effective. 

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpt on Love Handles

Dear seacretsam, Cool Sculpting of the love handles is an excellent treatment area and one that is done regularly. When you have your consultation your RN should educate you on how many you might need and what the expectations are. The Cool Curve treats the love handle areas and the new cool core advantage is coming out soon cutting the 60 minute treatment cycle down to 35 minutes coming soon! Look for a practice with 2 machines like we do and literally you can do love handles over a long lunch hour. 

Coolsculpting vs. Hi Definition Body Shaping

I find that a hi definition contouring procedure does best for defining, but for a local reduction of fat cool sculpting or sculpture are non invasive alternatives. Without photo's it is difficult to tell what procedure would be best. Consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Coolsculpting Love Handles

Thank you for your question regarding Coolsculpting of the Love Handles. We have had great success treating this area.  Most often treatment is performed with the coolcurve applicator. 

Christopher Assad, MD, BSc, FRCSC

CooolSculpting the Flanks

The most common applicator for the love handles is Cool Curve +. Once you schedule a consultation, you will be assessed to see if there is enough fat to suction into the cup. Some patients have very fibrous tissue and may not be candidates for CoolSculpting. However, if you are a candidate, we recommend at least two sessions to accentuate their waistline.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Flanks

Thank you for your question. Flanks also known as love handles are commonly and effectively treated with Coolsculpting. The applicator that is used is individualized based on anatomy so I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Love Handles and CoolSculpting

Although pictures can be very helpful there is no substitute for an in person consultation to determine suitability for this procedure. Best results can be obtained from an experienced person with this technology. "Love handles" are very amenable to treatment and have been successfully treated for many years. Specific applicators are available for this area and can only be assessed in person to make this decision. 

Thank you for your interest. 
Dr. Pietro

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician