3 days post op. Is all this normal and will they even out size-wise?

My left breast looks larger than my right even though the right has more CC's in it. I've been massaging them but the right side hurts more and has very sharp burning pains. Is all this normal and will they even out size-wise?

L breast larger than R

Hello, it is not uncommon for one breast to be more swollen than the other, but sight unseen there is no way to know if this is normal in a given patient.  It is best to contact your surgeon in cases where one breast is significantly more swollen or symptomatic.

Breast implant recovery

Thanks for the questions and I hope your recovery is going well. Some slight asymmetry is normal in the first weeks following surgery. Severe deformity or gross size difference is not normal. If you have any concerns, seek advice from you plastic surgeon. Best wishes. 

3 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

Its too early to talk about with only 3 days post op.
In my practice, after performing a breast augmentation I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swelling

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. You are only 3 days out from an invasive operation. Surely, you have swelling at this point in time, which, by the way, is probably at its maximum. Expect a significant improvement in the swelling over the next 4-6 weeks. then between 4-6 month you will have a good idea of your final bra size. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation question

Three days postop is very early in your recovery. Undoubtedly, you have swelling that will take time to resolve. Until that time it will be uncertain exactly how equal your breast size will be. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Feeling Different Post-Op

Thank you for your question and hoping you are feeling better today.  I would contact your surgeon to make sure that all is okay with your post-operative course.  It is not uncommon to see slight differences between the breasts for the first few months however any concern might be lessened with an in person quick appointment with your surgeon.

Best wishes!
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast issues

It is difficult to say what might be going on without an exam. Best to see you surgeon when unusual signs or symptoms develop.

Thank you for your question. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume.  It is this skin stretch that is likely causing your burning sharp pains.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Postop breast asymmetry

The final result of your breast augmentation can take up to six months to fully mature. During this time the natural human skin will stretch, settle, expand, etc. Human skin acts differently than clay or cloth, and as such, one needs to wait and allow these natural tissues to change as they heal.   It is not uncommon for one side to be slightly more swollen for no apparent reason. So, simply trying to be patient, keep in contact with your plastic surgeon, and allow at least a few months to pass before you start judging the result. Breast augmentations do not start to your natural for several weeks! 
Good luck!
Dr.Subbio

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time.  Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz