Should I postpone my surgery?

I am scheduled for a breast reduction surgery and just found out a have a very elevated hs-crp leve of 17 (it was 19 on the first test). Should I postpone the surgery until I get this level down? Does it increase my risk? My other blood work looks fine.

Doctor Answers 1

Should I postpone my surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Before that question can be answered regarding raising risk, you have to find out why the CRP is elevated. This is not a question for online consultants. Get together with your PCP for answers.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.