How long will it take for my bottom teeth to be straight if I get bottom braces? Do you think I will need top as well? (photos)

Treatment time for bottom braces

It is difficult to determine the extent of your concerns with the photos provided. It does not appear to be a significant orthodontic issue and therefore would not take very long to correct. The upper teeth appear to be straight with some uneven wear on the edges. It is possible that treatment may be indicated on the top teeth but in your case it may not be necessary.

I would recommend discussing your concerns with your dentist and consider a consultation with an orthodontist. They can evaluate your case and determine the best approach for your concerns.

If you are concerned with the appearance of braces, there are some treatment options that you might consider on the lingual (behind the teeth) surface. These options typically focus on the anterior teeth and results can be achieved in a relatively short time.

I hope this information was helpful. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dr. C

Doylestown Orthodontist