Breast lift technique? (Photo)

I'm scheduled for a mommy makeover which will include a breast lift with implants. I'm curious what the census is on the technique I will need for the lift. I would REALLY like a donut lift bc of the scar

Donut lift

Thank you for your question and photo.  I recommend that you consider a full breast lift as I have found this technique to be the most effective.  You may or may not need implants as well, depending on your specific goals.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast lift technique - what is best

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

With surgery 2 days away, it is essential that you contact your surgeon and discuss the lift you have in mind.
Your photos show that a donut lift is not enough and that you will need a different kind of lift almost certainly.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Breast lift technique

I seriously doubt you will have an ideal nipple placement using just the peri-areolar incision lift technique. I think the shape and position would be vastly better with a lollipop incision

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast lift technique?

Photos are two-dimensional and a patient standing in front of you is three-dimensional. The other factor is the style, projection and size of the breast implant. I use and intra-operative tailor-tacking technique. This is excellent at determining management of vertical and horizontal excess skin.

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Breast lift technique?

From your photos you do not appear to be a candidate for a lollipop lift. In my opinion- in order for you to achieve the best result you need full mastopexy ( a real lift).

What type of lift?

From your photograph, I would recommend a vertical left with implants. In my opinion, a doughnut left will not be able to get the nipple up high enough, and if attempted with your shape of breast will not correct the volume excess that is below the nipple. Also, when you take out large amounts of skin is a circle not only do you get pleats in the scar but the breast takes on a very flattened appearance. Therefore, I only use this technique to make the areola smaller and/or moving up a centimeter and a half or less. It's also very useful in the correction of a tubular breast which you do not have. I hope this is helpful. Good luck with your procedure.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast lift technique?

There are no shortcuts to achieving good results. The periareolar lift can be an excellent choice for certain patients, but would be worthless in your case.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lift technique

Either a periareolar or a vertical mastopexy is necessary.  If the areola/nipple needs to be lifted over 2 cm then a vertical lift may be necessary.  If you have very tight lower pole of skin, then preferably a periareolar with a small implant would be the chosen technique. 

Breast lift

The picture is great however a sideview is a little easier to help determine what type of lift will be needed. It does appear that you will need at least a lollipop lift. Depending upon the size of implet you pick I would guess that you will need between a lollipop and a full anchor pattern.  I would trust your board-certified plastic surgeon to help explain which lift will work best for you.Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

You do not want the donut lift....

The donut lift is not very powerful and does not shape the breast as well as either the vertical or the anchor incision lifts.  Every patient has concerns about the scars, but I assure you, they almost become un-noticeable with time.  In my hands, I think the BEST shape would be with a superior pedicle lift and a full anchor incision.  Hard to really tell you without doing some measurements though and examining you.  Hope this helps.

-JGH