2 months post mastectomy, dr is suggesting only Lat Flap instead of waiting for Expanders. Why can't we continue waiting?(photo)

3 weeks ago we were waiting to fill expander to see if my skin would heal better (started with 300cc at surgery) yesterday he says it's just thin and my only option is the Lat flap. The skin was thin 3 weeks ago so why now is it too thin, that hasn't changed. Why can't we just wait longer for healing? I am in my early 30s and thin. He's taken infrared pictures and the area is getting blood flow. I just want to do what's best, should I get a second opinion or just trust him

2mths post single mastectomy. Skin is very thin and purple/blue in color in a 5cm area below incision. My Dr is recom. Lat flap

Discolored skin

The skin on your lower incision may not heal and breakdown. Exposure of expander can cause infection in that space and necessitate removal. A latissimus flap will not hurt lymphedema and on occasion it improves. Tennis will be different,but muscle flap will still contract and provide power.Swimming is an activity that is typically worse after a lat flap.

Dayton Plastic Surgeon