Am I Too Large/overweight to Have my Saddlebags Sculpted/reduced? I Am 5'10 (photo)

I am 37, and 5'10", and 264 lbs. I would like to know if this procedure can be done at my weight? And if not, what would the recommended weight be? I know my waist is 42 inches (and my thighs are MUCH broader) I am not looking to become thin, I am looking to remove these massive bags of fat from my outer thighs, so that I can DO things again. So that I can be active and motivated in life. Thanks & God bless! ThickGirl in Southwest Missouri

Am I Too Large/overweight to Have my Saddlebags Sculpted/reduced? I Am 5'10

I do not think that your request is unreasonable.  I think that most plastic surgeons would recommend weight loss first, but your lateral thighs appear to have a component of lipodystrophy well suited to liposuction.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of liposuction procedures each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Flank Liposuction

Liposuction of the flanks is a great first treatment for excess fat and skin of the outer thighs (saddlebag region). With laser-assisted liposuction, skin tightening can also be achieved.

For an aggressive and more complete treatment, a lower body lift can subsequently be performed. This procedure involves the addition of scars around the upper buttock and outer thighs, within the bikini line. While this procedure is a "major" operation with an overnight hospital stay in most cases, it offers the best result in terms of buttock lift and outer thigh lift.

It can be done...

Hi, first of all weight loss would achieve a better and more aesthetic result. Otherwise doing liposuction will help you assure what you want. Best regards.

dr jpc