Is a 52 year old with an IUD a FemiLift candidate?

I'm a 52yr old women having never given birth with an IUD. I do have urinary incontinence when sneezing or coughing. Would I be a candidate for 3 FemiLift treatments?

Yes - You are a good candidate for FemiLift

Yes - you would be a good candidate for FemiLift. IUD is not a contraindication for FemiLift. We are seeing great results for patients with urinary incontinence. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Re: femilift with IUD in place

I as well have treated many patients with IUD in place and all have done well. The laser does not disturb the IUD as it is in your uterus and the laser treats the vaginal walls.

Re: femilift with IUD in place

Incontinence and IUD, no problem for Femilift

I have successfully treated women just like you, with IUDs and with various forms of urinary incontinence.  I encourage you to get a consult with your physician to see if there is anything precluding you from getting the treatments. Good luck!

Leslie Apgar, MD
Baltimore OB/GYN

Leslie Apgar, MD
Baltimore OB/GYN

Candidate for vaginal laser?

Hello! 

I can answer this question for you as it pertains to the MonaLisa Touch laser treatments. It is perfectly fine to perform the laser treatments with an IUD in place. The laser treats the lateral vaginal walls only, no laser energy is directed at the cervix or uterus. You would definitely be a candidate for the 3 MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser treatments. The MonaLisa works very well for the urinary incontinence when you cough and sneeze (stress incontinence) by stimulating the production of collagen in the vaginal mucosa, therefore the urethra has more support, and the vagina is tighter. 

Candidate for vaginal laser?

Hello! 

Femilift

Thank you for your question.  The IUD should not be an issue.  Most of our patients with incontinence issues have seen benefit from the Femilift procedure.  I would definitely suggest speaking more with your physician about the procedure. 

Femilift

Femilift candidate

Thanks for your question.  I think you will be an excellent candidate for the treatment.  The laser will not be placed in the uterus where the IUD is, but it might be possible for the string to be affected.  Our office has treated women with an IUD successfully.    I hope you love your results! 

Amy Y. Paul, DO, FAAD
Grand Junction Dermatologic Surgeon

Femilift candidate

Amy Y. Paul, DO, FAAD
Grand Junction Dermatologic Surgeon

Femilift

Femilift should certainly help your incontinence.  Having an IUD should not be a contraindication as the device is within the uterus.  Femilift treats only the vaginal wall

Femilift

FemiLift and IUD

Thanks for your question. FemiLift has been effective for tightening and urinary incontinence. The number of treatments depends on overall results. Regarding the IUD, because every patient is different, it is always best to consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

FemiLift and IUD

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Absolutely

There is no problem with using Femilift in a patient with an IUD.  The laser burns less than a millimeter into the tisuse (without pain its so superficial), so an IUD will have no impact on this.  Its possible that the string will get damaged though, which can be avoided by pushing it temporarily up into the cervix.   Femilift works quite well for mild to moderate urinary incontinence.  Good luck!

Absolutely

Though the company suggest not to do FemiLift with an IUD insitu, but many doctors are doing it and we are not seeing any problem.

I personally role the string of iud up into the canal before the procedure and pull it down after.

As far as urinary incontinence, as far as it is not sever, yes you do will see a mark improvement.

Best of Luck

Best of Luck