3 weeks post op from tummy tuck, lipo and breast agumentation and my tummy is bigger than before. (photos)

3 weeks post op from tummy tuck, lipo and breast agumentation. I am getting a little concerned because I am bigger now than I was before the procedure. They just removed my drains 5 days ago bc I was draining around 100ml a day the first two weeks. I can't fit into any clothes from before surgery. I still wear my stomach binder & other than working at a desk I don't do much of anything else. This is very discouraging, I'm hoping it's just major swelling but I'm starting to doubt my decision

Tummy Tuck Post-Op Swelling

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle. These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard , Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still relatively early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following your tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation - where is my tummy result?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.
  • You are naturally swollen from your surgery -
  • On the other hand, you drains a lot of fluid in your drains.
  • You may have a seroma - so ask your surgeon to order an ultrasound study -
  • If there is no seroma, this is swelling and needs time to subside.
  • Part of the problem is sitting at a desk all day - it traps fluid in the lower belly.
  • So every hour, on the hour stand up and walk around.
  • Your binder may also be a problem - it can push fluid down.
  • A Spanx or snug bike pants may be better now - ask your surgeon if you can change to a different garment.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are still very early in the process where swelling still occurs. Make sure your surgeon checks up on you frequently and give it more time. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover recovery

You are still early in the healing process and swelling is still common at this point.  Be sure to follow your surgeon's post operative suggestions and keep appointments as scheduled with him/her.  Your surgeon knows best the details of your surgery and how your recovery is progressing.

Camille Cash, MD

3 weeks po

Thank you for your question. Three weeks is still very early in your recovery phase. It will take at least three months to see your final results. I do, however, recommend following up with your plastic surgeon to make sure you do not have a seroma build up. Best of luck with your recovery

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Recovery

Even at 3 weeks out, you are still in the early phases of healing, and many positive changes are likely to occur. Your surgeon will want to follow you, though, to make sure you don't have fluid accumulating under the skin (seroma). Stay active, eat a healthy diet, and get exercise as you are able and as your surgeon directs. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon