Puffiness under eyes after juvederm was done a year ago?

I had juvederm injected in my cheeks, under my eyes. I had complications so the dermatologist injected hyaluronidase acid, twice. The swelling has been there a week after and has never gone away. I have been told a lot of different thing. I have colitis and was told that was one of the problems. How do I get rid of the bags or swelling! It's been a yr!

Thanks for your query. If the swelling has not gone down even after using hynidase, den consider RF. Radio frequency or exilis or ulthera or thermi helps in mobilizing the swelling from filler and hynidase and it should go down. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm swelling under eye for more than a year

This is the very reason that Juvederm shouldn't be injected here. The better choice is Restylane. Hyaluronidase needs to be done several times to remove Juvederm in this area. Please see link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fat vs. juvederm swelling

Juvederm has tendency to stay a long time in the under eye area. It is possible there is Juvederm there after hyaluronidaze injection or it is possible there is fat prolapse. See the photo set on bottom of the page in the following link.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hello Tamrod,

There are many different reasons for puffiness to develop. It sounds like Juvederm injection into your tear trough may at least be partially responsible.  The best way to provide an answer is with an in person evaluation.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to help determine what is causing the bag.  Once the cause is known  more specific recommendations can be made.

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon