Is this ptosis? Is there any way to fix it without surgery? (Photo)

Back in October of 2015 my eyes were completely normal. I've never had this problem. I haven't had any trouble with my vision, but lately my left eye has been twitching a bit. have been wearing glasses for around 6 years now.

Mild ptosis can be corrected easily

Your photo demonstrates mild ptosi on the left side that can be easily corrected with a procedure that takes less than ten minutes and has no visible incision. Your insurance might even cover the procedure. Of course you would need a screening examination to make sure that there's nothing else concerning going on. 

I myself had the procedure I'm suggesting: posterior ptosis procedure. The recovery is quick and I'm so happy I underwent the procedure myself. 

Find an ASOPRS certified Oculoplastic surgeon in your area to gain more info via an in person evaluation. Good luck!

Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your concerns and photos. You have ptosis (drooping) of the upper eyelid. There are a few surgical techniques that a board-certified Oculoplastic Surgeon can perform to correct the problem. There are also eyedrops which can temporarily lift the eyelid. Prior to considering treatment you need comprehensive evaluation by an eyelid specialist. I hope this helps.
Good luck,

Ptosis new onset

Hi carmensan. I would recommend an evaluation by an ophthalmologist to determine whether there is a cause for your ptosis. Typically, treatments are surgical, but it depends on whether there is an underlying cause that needs to be investigated. Good luck. Best, Dr H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon