I want to get Botox to fix my asymmetrical face would that be a good thing to consider? (photos)

I am so insecure about my cheeks they apear bigger than the other and I think that's what making my lips appear slanted as well. Everyone tells me they don't see anything wrong but when I take pictures with my hair up I can tell. Please help. Will Botox help my problem?

Dr. Marc Schenider

Botox can be utilized to even out abnormalities such as an eyebrow that is higher than the other. However, in order to adjust cheek abnormalities the patient would need a filler such as Sculptra to assist is collagen production. 

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

How to increase volume of cheeks

Thank you for sharing your question. Botox will not add to cheek volume. It is used for wrinkles. Dermal fillers will augment your cheek's volume. You should have comprehensive evaluation performed in person in order to determine what the best product would be for you.  Good luck,

Facial Assymetry -- Fillers, Botox, Implants

I suggest seeing an expert to determine what is best, this is more complicated and needs a combination approach.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fixing facial asymmetry with fillers

Botox is for wrinkles, fillers are for volume. I don't see a major problem, but if it bothers you, please see a board certified physician for this. Complete symmetry is not often possible, so you must be ok with it closer to being equal. Most people have asymmetry, a smaller side and a bigger side, that's normal.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Combination treatment for facial asymmetry

Combination treatment with Botox and fillers can be used to treat facial asymmetry. In your case, filler in probably more appropriate. Voluma, Restylane Lyft, Radiesse or Sculptra could be used to help correct any volume deficiencies in the cheeks and Belotero or Juvederm Ultra could be used to even out the lips. I recommend you see an expert injector for an in-person consultation at which time you could discuss your cosmetic concerns.

Botox and Cheek Asymmetry

Thanks for your question!  Botox is used to help erase fine lines and wrinkles.  To fix cheek asymmetry, we would be talking about some sort of filler product like Juvederm or even Voluma.  These are hyaluronic acid based and can help restore the symmetry you desire in your cheeks!  Best of luck to you!!

Asymetrical face

It is difficult to tell exactly what you are trying to achieve, but you should get an experienced board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see you in person and determine what would be best

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Facial asymmetry

Looking at the photos there is mild asymmetry in the lower lip, nasolabial fold and upper lip to teeth ratio. The lips could be positively affected with the use of Botox but not the cheeks. So frequently Botox and Fillers are mentioned together when working on the face but there is a huge difference in their effects. I absolutely agree with my colleagues to recommend a comprehensive evaluation of the face by a practiced specialist. 

Gideon Maresky, MD
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

I want to get Botox to fix my asymmetrical face would that be a good thing to consider?

Hello Ashulee93,It is very common for there to be a difference between the two sides.  This has to do with how development takes place when you are in your mother's stomach.  Botox will not help improve an asymmetry in the fullness between the two sides.  Since that does bother you, fillers can help to add volume to the smaller side.  This can help create symmetry at the cheek, but won't help the lip area.  This is because that is created by the muscles that attach around the mouth.I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon that performs his or her own injections to learn about the best way to improve your concerns.I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face asymmetry, should I get Botox?

You should absolutely NOT get Botox to fix any central face asymmetry. Botox is a neuromodulator meaning it inhibits muscle contraction and movement. If injected into the central face you will not be able to smile, talk, or move your cheeks. If you want to create more facial symmetry then you'd need fillers like Voluma or Restylane Lyft injected into the central face to even out symmetry. You will need more than 1 syringe and it will need to be repeated again and again in the future. Remember that the majority of the population does not have a symmetrical face! "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."