Would a breast lift and an areola reduction be best for me? (photos)

My breasts sag and my areolas are too big. Would a breast lift and areola reduction be best or a breast lift with implants and an areola reduction? I want them to look full and as natural as possible.

Breast lift

You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift,it will provide fullness on top and a nice round shape,please consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

A vertical breast lift technique is the best option

Hello!You're an ideal candidate for a vertical mastopexy as the results of this method can address all of your concerns. This method allows your breast tissue to be moved up so that you have a rounded, fuller contour, restored upper breast fullness and your nipples will be symmetrically repositioned. Areola reduction is part of the procedure, as well. The scar pattern is in the shape of a lollipop - around the areolae and then down the center of the breast. Avoidance of the visible vertical scar is not feasible because you don't have enough excess skin. However, with aggressive scar therapy with laser treatment and topical silicone (and sunscreen if sun exposure is a possibility), your scars will fade nicely and eventually may practically be invisible. Breast surgery should only be done by very experienced surgeons as there is a lot of artistic nuance that goes into the finished result. All the best in your search!- Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Great candidate

You have the perfect breast for a lift with updated surgical techniques that I use. You meet the conditions for a beautiful job: mammary gland enough to give firmness to the breast; adequate separation between the breasts; and perfect size for non heavy breasts. We always reduce the areola to a size appropriate to the size of the breasts everytime we do a breast lift.

Kenneth Schimensky, MD

Breast Lift with Implants versus and Breast Lift with an Auto-Augmentation

A breast lift helps to reposition and reduce the areola, as well as tighten and shape the breast. Adding an implant can provide firmness and a foundation to the breast lift. When performed appropriately this is a fantastic procedure, though supporting the breast implant with lower pole support is necessary as well choosing the right implant size. Another option would be combining a breast lift with an auto-augmentation which can provide upper pole fullness and shape without the use of a breast implant. This could be a good starting point with the though of adding fat grafting or an implant if more volume is desired.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Candidate for a breast lift

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with a limited lift.  A full anchor lift would be appropriate.

Candidate for Breast Lift

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Breast lift

Hi, AlexatownIf your goal is to have perkier, tighter breast, breast lift alone will be needed.However, if your goal is to have perkier and fuller (larger) breasts, breast lift with implant will be needed.Implant will give you larger size; lift will give you a better shape.  Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goalBest regards.

Would a breast lift and an areola reduction be best for me?

Lifting sagging breasts and a reduction of the areola can be performed at the same time. Whether you would benefit from adding an implant depends on your size goals. The lift has a very natural appearance without a lot of fullness in the upper pole (top of the breast). An implant can add volume to this area and give a fuller look that many women like. Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon in person. They will discuss all of your options and how to decide between a lift and a lift with implants.

Thank you for sending your questions and photos.  This is difficult to answer without a physical examination.  If your happy with your volume then a breast lift is good choice.  If you desire fullness in the superior pole and more volume then a breast lift and implant would be ideal.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and look over more plenty of before and after photos .  Best wishes.

Breast Lift or Augmentation-Lift

You have not given us enough information to answer your question about whether to just do a lift or to add an implant also. To decide that I would need to know whether you are presently happy with your size in a bra without padding. If you are, then all you need is a lift. If you would like to be larger, then you also need an implant to achieve the size you desire. Either procedure will reduce the areola as a normal consequence of the lift.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon