Afraid of full tummy tuck. What other procedures can help my stomach? (Photos)

I have no self esteem or confidence looking like this. I've had one c-section and one natural birth. I was told my skin rips easy when i had a csection and my skin tore creating an uneven line. I question if they were rough. NO evidence of any genetic tissue disorder was found by my doctor. I have a sagging lower stomach and nothing helps. I don't want a full tuck out of fear and side effects. What else can be done please? I am desperate. How much would the costs be? I can't live like this.

A tummy tuck is the only answer

I'm not sure what your fears are, but if you speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon, he will be happy to explain the pros and cons of abdominoplasty. Any surgery has risks but they are quite small in my experience. I have performed over 1000 tummy tucks in my career and surgical risks are quite low. The recovery time is 2-4 weeks. Pain is usually well-controlled with either pain pumps or long-acting anesthetics which are injected along the incision line, in addition to oral pain medication.

What Will Help Your Stomach?

From your photos it appears as though you would benefit greatly from #liposuction as well as a full #abdominoplasty.

Book an in-person consultation with an experienced #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to discuss the best surgical procedures for your best results.

Best of luck.

Options for abdominal contouring

Thanks for your question and photos.
Based on your photos, you will have a very good result from liposuction of the waists/flanks and full-tummy tuck. 
Many patients may be apprehensive of tummy tuck due to downtime or recovery.
However, when performed by an experienced plastic surgeon, the surgery is very safe with minimal risks.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person and share your concerns with him/her.

Afraid of full tummy tuck. What other procedures can help my stomach?

Thank you for the question and pictures. In my practice, I would only offer you the full tummy tuck operation; any lesser operation would not end up with an outcome that you or I would be pleased with. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Whether or not to proceed with tummy tuck surgery is ultimately a very personal decision that only you can make after very careful consideration of the pros/cons associated with the decision.

Anxiety prior to surgery is very normal; its complete elimination is usually not possible. Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, other important "variables" such as anesthesia provider and surgery facility will be selected based on everyone's first priority: safety. This careful selection should give you some peace of mind that you will be safe around the time of surgery. Discuss your specific areas of concerns with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to help you calm your nerves. 
I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps. Best wishes.

Afraid of full tummy tuck. What other procedures can help my stomach

I am sorry, but in my opinion, there is no other viable, reproducible option that will improve the appearance of your abdomen except a full tummy tuck

Julio Garcia, MD

Full tummy tuck is the only solution for you.

There is no other way other than a full tummy tuck and liposuction that will help you.  So get over your fears and take next step forwards.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for the question and the photo. Based on the photos and your goals, a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening and liposuction of the flanks is your best option to achieve the desired result. 

Many patients are afraid of surgery, the scar, the risks, etc... There is a whole industry dedicated to seeking non surgical options that will provide a surgical result. Unfortunately, this does not yet exist. There is no laser, magic cream or other option that is a good alternative to surgery. 

You should seek several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any decisions. You should also speak directly with patients who have done this. 

As always, it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Afraid of full tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you need a full tummy tuck for optimized results. Other procedures like only lipo or non invasive skin tightening will not work for your body. TT is one of the most common surgery performed by plastic surgeons and I recommend to consult with a board certified PS to discuss your goals

From looking at your photos, a full tummy tuck will give you the best results. You have loose excess skin above and below the belly button and also likely diastasis. A full tummy tuck will correct all of these things. I include liposuction of the upper abdomen and waistline in my tummy tuck price, so this would also get rid of the extra fat in these areas. I know that the possible complications and the large incision can be scary. It is very important that you are comfortable with the whatever you choose. If only the skin on your lower stomach bothers you,  you can consider a mini tummy tuck. You will see improvement with this procedure, but not the same as you would with a full tummy tuck. You have too much loose skin for any type of liposuction alone to have a nice result as this would just leave you with more loose skin. As far as pricing, this varies from PS to PS. Try to contact a few different board certified plastic surgeons to get a quote.