Going on 3 weeks post op TT with Lipo, a small part of my incision looks infected. (Photo)

Wet to the touch, no oozing seemingly, but if I touch it and smell, it has a small infection-ish smell.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal. To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts. If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem. Kind regards, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Infection?

Hello and thank you for posting a photo along with your question. It is very hard to tell from the photo whether this is truly an infection or not. The commons signs of infection are redness that spreads from the incision outwards, pain, warmth, odor and drainage of pus. You should definitely make an appointment with your surgeon if these signs are present and especially if they are getting worse and not better. This could also be the wound just separating a little bit or can be a stitch that is trying to make its way out. Either way I think you should make an appointment sooner rather than later to see what the opinion of your plastic surgeon is and what his recommendations are. Unfortunately a lot of surgical evaluation involves not only sight (pictures) but also touch and in person evaluation. Hope this helps.
Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck abdominoplasty

Thank-you for the picture.  Infection is best judged by a physical exam.  The limited photograph could be an early infection.  Your best option is to see your Plastic Surgeon and have them address this question in person.  Good luck!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Post op

always tough to say with a pcture , but it looks like you have pleating not infection and this should smooth out with time

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Open incision

From the photo it lloks like you may be spitting a suture which is common.Keep the area clean and apply an antibiotic ointment a feww times a ady.Also go back to your PS and have him look at it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Eks post op TT with Lipo, a small part of my incision looks infected. (Photo)

thank you for the question and photo. It is difficult to answer this question without examining you. However from looking at the photo you may have an infection and you should have an examination performed by your board-certified plastic surgeon. He or she will be able to discuss your treatment options including local one care versus antibiotics. Good luck.

Wound on incision

Thanks for your inquiry, from your picture you seem to have the kind of small wounds that are common on a tummy tuck incision.  I suggest you call your surgeon and ask how to management it. With good wound care this should heal.  Signs that is worsening include fever, chills, redness, and increased drainage.  Good Luck.  

A small part of my incision looks infected.

Thank you for your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear of your incision issues.  Though nothing replaces a full in-person examination it appears that you are having localized, suture-related areas of infection.  I would advise seeing your surgeon to discuss treatment options.  In most cases removing the suture allows for clearance of the infection and resumption of healing.  Hope this helps

Post op

Thank you for your question and photos. It does appear as if you have some small areas of skin necrosis. This realistically can be managed conservatively. I would recommend that you follow up with your operative plastic surgeon immediately though with your PS to find out how he or she would like to handle it. It should not affect your overall results. Good luck

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon