I am a transgender person age 72. Can I get breast implants. I am very conserted.

Age Prefference For Breast Implants?

Thank you for your question!  You are never to old for cosmetic surgery.  As long as your healthy there shouldn't be a problem! Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon
Chicago
Hoffman Estates
Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Transgender Breast Augmentation

As long as you are in good health, there is no reason you can not get breast implants at age 72. If you are motivated it is never too late.

Thank you for the question. Assuming you are  in good health and a good candidate for the procedure, you should be able to proceed. I would suggest that you obtain "medical clearance" from the doctors who know you best. Then, select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she is a board certified plastic surgeon with significant demonstrable experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for transgender patients, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes as you reach your goals.

Breast Implants and Transgender

As long as you are in good health, and have a medical clearance from your primary care physician, you could be a candidate for surgery.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in person exam to discuss your goals.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD