What do I need for post op at home?

I am scheduled for surgery on Wednesday, August 10. When at my pre-op appointment, I forgot to ask- what do I need to have at home for wound care after surgery? I know I will have drains- but are they usually the type that have a reservoir, or do I need something? I am wanting to be prepared for comfort and medical needs post surgery. Thank you!

Supplies for post op care

Thanks for posting your question. I understand that you probably have anxiety about your upcoming operation. Your surgeon's office should be able to fully supply you with a list of post operative needs and give you guidance to achieve the best possible results.
Good luck with your operation!

Breast Lift /Breast Reduction/ Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

What do I need for post-op at home?

in that you're scheduled for tomorrow, I would call your surgeon's office today with any questions you may have. They will always be your best resource.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

What do I need for post op at home?

Each surgeon will have his or her own regimen so you need to contact your surgeon for this question. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Since you are already scheduled, and you have specific questions regarding your post-op, you should ask your surgeon since many have different post-op protocols.