Post-op bra size suggestions?

Doctor wants me to go grab a post op bra. I'm currently a 34A getting 375 and 400ccs. How do I estimate what sizd of bra to get?

Fitting post op breast implant bra.

In my practice I fit the bra from our selection at the conclusion of the surgery.  It should and does offer adequate support and no underwire.  I'd guess that you should be looking for a 34 C cup size but to be safe you might also get a 36 C cup and/or a 34 D cup.  The number size does not change as a result of the implants but sometimes patients find that they get a better cup fit by also increasing the number as well as the cup size.  This may be due to temporary swelling.Good luck and enjoy your results. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Start with a soft sports bra, then keep trying bras as you recover.

Before you shop, check with your plastic surgeon to see if he or she recommends a specific style of post-op bra. If you don’t get a recommendation, you may want to look for a sports bra with soft cups and a front closure to offer gentle support as your body recovers. Because cup sizes aren’t standardized, the best way to learn your new size is to have a professional bra fitting, then start trying on bras in the suggested size once your incisions have healed. Don’t buy several bras at one time though. Your breasts may continue to change for up to 6 months after having breast augmentation, which will affect how your bras fit.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Post-op garments

Hi there Mrs. Josie, great question.  I would highly recommend you talk to your plastic surgeon for advice on the post-op garment.  Every one of us has a different preference for compression garments.  Good luck & congratulations with your surgery!Sincerely,Dr. Michelle Spring

Post-op bra size suggestions?

Every surgeon has their own preferences, I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about the bra that they prefer.The link below is the bra that I provide to my patients. It is sized only on the underbust measurement, and the cups fit A-D cup sizes. My patients do not wear a bra immediately after surgery. Not having to wear a bra can be more comfortable. They can start wearing the bra at one week if it is more comfortable, or if we are using the implant strap to help the implants settle more quickly.Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.

Post-op bra size

GreetingsThank you you for your photo and question, This is better to consult your surgeon as plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras. Therefore, best to check with your plastic surgeon.  

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Post-op bra size suggestions?

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved.There is also no “standard” when it comes to the use of specific bras or garments after breast surgery. In other words, different plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras. Therefore, best to check with your plastic surgeon.  
For example, in my practice, patients wake up with a surgical bra in place.  This surgical bra,  although not attractive, is supportive and used for about one month after surgery (some of my patients have been known to burn the bra ASAP). Then, patients transition to a soft sports bra. Wired bras are used when breast implants have reached their “final position” and patients have full sensation along the breast skin.   Best wishes.

Post op bra suggestions.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  If your surgeon does not offer a post surgical garment for you I would recommend purchasing a series of different sized sports bras that have a wide elastic band for your rib cage and either a clasp or front zip closure.  Once your surgery is complete and your dressings removed you can try on the different bras to find which best fits your results.  Hope this helps.