Can I lose inches off my waist if I have a boxy body? (photo)

I feel like I'm very boxy my middle line has no curves, I'm 5'3, 108 pounds, 32-25-32 are my measurements. But I wanted to know if there was a way I can shrink my waist line just a little?

Sometimes only a small lipo procedure can change things.

Liposuction can often improve shapes so easy when exercise and diet just doesn't do it. The improved contour just may be what you are looking for.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I lose inches off my waist if I have a boxy body?

Is this a trick question? 

Your photo shows a lean and fit and lovely figure.  I don't think any surgeon could improve on what is shown here.  Whatever you are doing, keep doing it!   And thank your parents for good genes.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Boxy to an Hour Glass Figure

The photo that you posted shows little body fat making me skeptical that you can improve your shaping with any liposuction technique.  The best way to determine is to measure the thickness of fat present by pinching a double layer of your skin in the waist area.  

Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon for a face to face evaluation.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a consultation for a 4d HI DEFINITION procedure or to consider non invasive options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Surgery vs Non Surgical Approaches for Waist Reduction

An exam by a board certified plastic surgeon is needed for the best opinion to see if non surgical options like Vanquish, Ultrashape or Cool Sculpting would be beneficial versus liposuction. See the below link for more information on surgical alternatives.

Liposuction for a better waist?

Thank you for your question about liposuction.

• You are slim and you look fit too - which is a great place to start.
  • Your photo doesn't give the necessary detail to answer your question
  • But in general, even in a slim person, liposuction can reduce the waist and improve the shape.
  • Don't be hard on yourself - your waist is 7 inches slimmer than your hips and chest, so you need improvement but definitely already have an very nice shape.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Can I loose inches off my waist if I have a boxy body?

Without a photo it is difficult to give specific advise. Your best chance to change a "boxy" body into an hourglass figure is VASER Hi Def Liposuction. This is a specialized technique done by a small number of surgeons in the US, trained in the technique. I trained with Dr. Alfredo Hoyos in Bogota, Colombia, the inventor of the technique. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Thank you for your question. Without an in-person exam and consultation, it can be hard to offer you specific advice regarding what might be right for you. Liposuction can often be a good solution to offer patients to contour their shape. This combined with fat grafting can also help to add shape in areas. Schedule a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon.

Transforming a boxy body to curvy

Without seeing you in person it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, often liposuction of the abdomen, flanks and lower back can make a dramatic change to a person's shape.  I would suggest scheduling a consultation to review your options.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Body contouring: Information

Dear Ms.Jayydiddy,

Thank you for your information, questions and photo.
Nothing substitutes for a personal evaluation, a review of your medical history/medications and a face to face discussion of your options.
Unfortunately with out a exam of your tissues I can can only comment based solely your photo and information provided.  However, hopefully you will find them helpful.

Based on Information provided your BMI is within the  normal range (low side). If this your photo (?) surgical refinement could consist of liposuction/liposculpture if you have diet resistant areas of fat accumulation and skin contouring with Radoi Frequency treatments
(Vellashape III). The results may be subtle. 

I recommend that you schedule several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally a members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600