Regarding Juvederm Voluma. Would I be able to get away with using just 1 syringe?

For a very minimal and natural look would I be able to get away with using just 1 syringe of valuma? Or is it always 1 per cheek?

USING 1 SYRINGE

Most doctors use 1 syringe per cheek and that still gives you a very natural effect and wont be so bold. You need to speak with your doctor and see what they recommend as far as how much Voluma you would need. 

How much Voluma is needed?

In my younger patients, I sometimes start with just one syringe the first time.  Oftentimes patients return for additional injections later to get a more dramatic result.  There is no problem starting slow.  You can always add more later if needed.  If there is significant volume loss, of course more than one syringe will be needed for best results.  Your doctor should discuss with you the pros and cons of doing more or less after they have had a chance to examine you.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

How much product is necessary

The answer to your question varies greatly based on the volume you currently have in your cheeks and the look that you hope to achieve.  When receiving treatment you can have the injector place 1/2 syringe per side and you can view your results and decide.  You can always add more if you'd like.

Camille Cash, MD

Thank you for your question. For some of our younger patients one gives them the results they want. On average we use one per side. About half of our patients that started off with just one came back to add one more. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation.  

One Syringe?

It's common to use only one syringe with younger woman or men who have very little need for lift.  Old guys like me need more! (Yes, I have Voluma in my face and love it.)

You need to have a talk to your dermatologist or plastic surgeon, tell them what you want, and make an informed decision with them.  It's often a good idea to use less and go back for more. It certainly is more cost effective.

The point of fillers is that you look refreshed and natural.  Go slowly if you need to for the best results and find the best doctor you can with the most experience or references.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Amount of Voluma Needed -- Individualized

Voulma results are dependent on the consultation.  You can always do one tube and wait a few weeks and see what youd need after.  I find that taking small steps is often better.  It all depends on the areas needed for treatment.  Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Can I get by with only one syringe of Voluma?

Hi,
The answer is really dependent on how you started off and what kind of look you want to achieve.  I usually give patients an estimate but let them control the number of syringes by looking in the mirror throughout the placement.  You can always come back for more but it is harder to dissolve if you place too much.

Warmly,
Dr.Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma amount needed

No it is not always one per cheek. The amount of filler of any type needed to get you to your goal depends on your specific needs - i.e. How much volume depletion you have  and where it is - and how quickly you want to reach that goal,  Patients who start earlier in the aging process can get away with less than someone coming in at an older age having done nothing prior. During your consultation your physician should discuss that with you. I tell patients the minimum I think will make a visible but still natural difference and what is likely to be needed to get all the way to optimal - while still natural.  I can Get there in 1-2 visits or over 1-2 years based on the patients social emotional and economic preferences. 
I hope this answer was helpful.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Voluma and facial fullness

Voluma ia a fabulous way to get an instant lift.  It can take an average of two syringes to help plump up the area.  If you have more volume loss it typically takes 3 syringes.  Without an in office consultation it is impossible to tell whether you require one or more syringes.  Please consult an expert in Voluma and facial injections.

Juvederm Voluma

Juvederm Voluma is typically used to accentuate the appearance of the cheek. It is impossible to give you advice regarding the number of syringes without actually seeing your photos. We have some patients who only require 1 syringe, whereas other patients (with significant hollowing) might require 4-6 syringes and still look natural. 

Andrei Metelitsa, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon