Why is my lower face like this? (Photo)

I don't understand why my lower face is so wrinkly and saggy. I hate it. I am only 25 and I hate to smile because of it. I am considering rhinoplasty, but can not do a chin implant at the same time for financial reasons, would cheek filler help? Or maybe laser skin rejuvination? And after the rhibiplasty would it make a difference because I am decreasing the width? Please help!!

Rhinoplasty and chin aug

I'd recommend seeing a practioner with a 3D imaging system like my group so that the expected outcome can be visualized ahead of time.  The lower face would like be helped more by a chin implant than a rhinoplasty and the imaging can help you visualize it.  Good luck 

Cheeks & Chin

I recommend seeing an expert for a formal evaluation. Fillers, Ultherapy and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination to tighten & rejuvenate the skin while adding fullness to cheeks and chins. Implants are more permanent options. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

From the limited photos, it appears that there is an overly projecting nose, and an under projecting chin. A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making the required changes to the nose with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Placement of A chin implant will help significantly with facial balance and proportions from the side profile, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. A rhinoplasty procedure is performed under general anesthesia, while a chin implant procedure can be performed under local anesthesia. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure. The  photograph with the lines around the mouth are simply due to muscular attachments to the skin which is normal when smiling. Don't stop smiling!

Why is my lower face like this?

Hi, non smiling profile photos of your face from the front and side (like the one side view included) help in the evaluation.  From the non smiling photo, your cheeks are flat in the front, there is excess fat around the cheeks (below and in front) and your chin is quite weak.  These combine to create an oval shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

Hope this helps.