Day 2 post op pain.. Any suggestions?

I am on day two post op and I realize pain is expected, but I'm feeling a pain that is new. It's about a level five to six and it's on the medial aspect of my left breast. This side does have a larger implant. Is this normal? Is there a reason why I'm not feeling it bilaterally? Pain is fairly constant.

Day 2 post op pain

It is not uncommon to expeirence discomfort at two days post op. You should address your questions and concerns to surgeon. 

Regards,

Pain after augmentation

Congratulations on your aug bboobies123! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of augmentation you had and if the same thing was done on both sides. Sometimes increased activity with one arm more than the other can lead to unmasking new pain. If the breast looks different and feels differnt is it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Best of luck, MMT

Pain after a Breast Augmentation

I hope that you are starting to feel more comfortable.  It is very normal to have pain after surgery.  Usually the first three days after a procedure are the worse and then you will notice a turnaround.  Sometimes one side is more painful than the other.  But when there is a difference between sides it is important to call your plastic surgeon to have her/him exam you to see if there are any problems.  Best of luck and feel better!

Melissa Doft, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Breast pain following an augmentation can have many causes. The first think you should do is speak to your surgeon to make sure it is not concerning to him or her. Without an examination it is hard to tell what may be causing your pain. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Early Postoperative Pain

Hi and thanks for posting your question. You are quite early in your recovery.  It is completely normal to experience more pain in one breast than the other.  However, you should be sure to follow-up with your surgeon regarding this.  Hope this helps.

Robin Evans, MD, FRCSC
British Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - more pain on the 2nd day

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Please contact your surgeon without delay and put this question to your surgeon.
  • Although chances are this is fine - one can't tell for sure.
  • Only your own surgeon knows you and what was done -
  • Only your surgeon can treat you if treatment is needed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS